OTHER STUFF PAGE
1 cup walnuts (unsoaked)
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
3 tbs. raw cacao powder
10 moist dates
2 baby bananas or 1 medium sized banana
1 tbs. dark agave nectar (optional)
1 pinch of sea salt
In a large food processor add the walnuts, sunflower
seeds, cacao powder, and salt. Process until fine. Next, add the dates,
bananas, and agave nectar. Process the mixture until the consistency of
fudge. The mixture will be very thick and sticky. With damp hands, take
a small amount of it and roll it into balls. Set on a plate, sprinkle
with a little bit of mesquite pod meal and devour! You may also coat these
balls in dried coconut, raw cacao powder, or chopped pistachios. YUM!
- SIMPLE, HEALTHY RECIPE -----------GREEN BEANS, ZUCCHINI AND POTATOES
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 pound fresh green beans,cut in half -- trimmed
Generous pinch of cayenne
4 ounces zucchini, split in half -- 1-inch thick slices
4 ounces small red skin potatoes
2 tablespoons chopped oregano
1/4 cup chopped parsley
2 cups crushed tomatoes and juices
Salt and pepper
1 loaf crusty french bread
1/2 pound feta cheese
In a large, heavy, and preferably non-stick pan heat oil. Add onion and saute for 5 minutes. Then add the green beans and cayenne pepper and cook until the onions are translucent, about 5 minutes.
Add zucchini, potatoes and herbs. Pour tomatoes and their juices over the
vegetables, bring to a boil, and reduce the heat to a simmer. Cover and cook for 40 minutes. Season
with salt and pepper. Allow to cool or serve warm. Serve in a small bowl topped with feta cheese and surrounded by french bread.
1 ½ cups almonds, soaked 12 hours
2 cups pine nuts, unsoaked OR other good tasteing nut/seed
2 firmly-packed cups of spinach
¼ cup raw olive oil, such as Barianis or Living Tree Community Foods
½ cup leeks, minced (optional)
2 ½ tablespoons Celtic sea salt
2 tablespoons fresh sage, minced
1 tablespoon fresh thyme, minced
1 tablespoon fresh marjoram, minced
2 ½ cups golden flax meal
1. Homogenize almonds and pine nuts using Green Life juicer. Transfer to large mixing bowl.
2. In food processor, blend spinach, oil, salt, leeks and herbs. Add mixture to mixing bowl. Stir well.
3. Take about 1 heaping tablespoon of mixture and form into a circular, nugget-like shape. Press dough firmly together so that it will hold together in dehydrator.
4. Sprinkle nuggets with flax meal so that it looks breaded. Place on mesh dehydrator tray; there is no need to use a teflex sheet when dehydrating nuggets.
5. Dehydrate for 8 hours at 95 degrees. Store in refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Pull Down Menu
When submit is pressed it will open up a new window